Hosting Packages Clarified
A hosting service applies to storing and/or sharing given content on a hosting server hosted by a hosting supplier. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a look at these. Doing so, you can pick what you want, based on whether you desire to establish a site, email address accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some companies, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts frequently include ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel web hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inapt interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud hosting platform would apportion the workload between different bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share an immense number of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your e-mail address accounts. Some providers offer hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you would like to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to own as many video files as you want without worrying about system supplies.
- Hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a website. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email aliases, upload videos, and so on. At you can view shared hosting and dedicated package solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free web hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for particular web content only.